Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Figure Reflection

Sculpture Reflection

  1. I wasn't really thinking of "metamorphosis" during my project.  I was thinking more on how the the project had to be abstract but still be humanoid.
  2. By doing this project, I pushed myself to understand plaster more.  I realized that the consistency of the plaster has a big effect on how some tools work.  The higher the concentration, the more force is needed cut the plaster.
  3. Over the course of the project, my intentions changed from making a more humanoid sculpture to make an abstract figure that looked slightly humanoid.  This came after realizing how much more an abstract sculpture stretches the brain as a apposed to an obvious human sculpture.
  4. Overall, I was happy with how I used the plaster because It was effective and efficient.  I wouldn't change my approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment